Each season, we host a themed eco-challenge on Instagram to encourage thoughtfully clean living.
This July 17-30, our GROW challenge is here to help you make more sustainable choices about what you eat.
Each day during the two-week challenge, we'll be posting tips and ideas for inspiration.
Participation is super easy:
1. Make a goal (see below for ideas).
2. Follow @redbudsuds on Instagram.
3. Comment, like, and post. Each time you comment on one of our GROW posts or post your own with #RBSecochallenge and tag @redbudsuds, you get an entry to our grand prize drawing at the end.
GRAND PRIZE: A year of soap! Each month, we'll mail you a "thoughtfully clean" bar of soap - absolutely free.
RUNNER UP: We've got a great runner up prize this season, which will be announced at the end of the event. (Because we love surprises.)
Make a Goal
Changing our habits can be difficult, but trying something for just a two weeks can make the impossible feel more manageable. Here are some ideas to get you started. Use one from this list or create your own!
- Purchase items in bulk to save on packaging.
- Do all your produce shopping at local farmer's markets (my goal!)
- Reduce your meat consumption to once a day, once a week or...
- Eat all vegetarian or vegan meals.
- Pay attention to sourcing: only purchase ethically grown coffee and chocolate.
- Avoid purchasing any food packaged in plastic.
- Use only reusable bags when shopping.
- Get all your meat from a local butcher or farmer's market.
Our ecochallenges were inspired by the national EcoChallenge that happens every October, put on by the Northwest Earth Institute in Oregon. They do great work - be sure to check them out! Consider joining Team Redbudsuds as we "compete" in their national challenge in the October.
Best of luck!