Hey you awesome adventurers! Things are movin’ over here and we could use some help.
Our passionate girl crew of two is looking for another teammate to who shares our deep love for the outdoors & living thoughtfully. We need someone who is well-versed at organization and communication and is ready to rock it hard!
This is a local position available to northeast Ohioans. You’ll be working mostly during regular office hours at our Canton, OH headquarters with some opportunity to work from home, plus occasional weekend events. Travel outside of Ohio may happen a few times per year. Starting commitment will be 20-25 hours per week, although we expect this number will grow as we do.
What will your work as Marketing and Office Assistant look like?
- The foundation: First things first, you'll be getting to know the heart of why we do what we do at Redbudsuds. We want you to identify with our “thoughtfully clean” mission like it’s your own.
- Building Relationships: Assisting customers and partners on the phone, via email, and occasionally in person (at shows) in order to continue building strong relationships, provide excellent customer service, and follow through with leads and commitments.
- Social Media: Keeping everyone in the loop via e-newsletters, our blog, Facebook, Instagram, video and live events. In other words: collaborating with Aubrey and the social media team to effectively distill and communicate everything we do at Redbudsuds with our people. This includes strategizing, scheduling, organizing, and collaborating to create and publish content.
- Administrative tasks: Using tools like excel spreadsheets, Quickbooks, Shopify (our e-commerce platform), Mailchimp and google Drive to manage detailed customer information and bookkeeping.
- Scout and research new events and partnerships.
We’re Looking for Someone Who Is...
- Upbeat, positive and patient
- In love with checking things off lists, spreadsheets, tracking numbers, filing paperwork, is a general badass at turning chaos into organization
- A self-starter and able to manage a robust workload while working independently
- Better-than-average at communicating through writing, speaking and photography
- Active and enthusiastic about connecting people on social media (Facebook, Instagram)
- Exceptionally trustworthy. You will be signing a non-compete and non-disclosure agreement.
- Flexible, brave and eager to learn: being part of an entrepreneurial journey means we’re all picking up new skills, every day
- Serious about getting work done but enjoys having a good time
- Willing to think creatively about work in order to enjoy the sunshine while it’s shining (I mean, we live in Ohio!)
And Who Has...
- An eye for detail
- An indestructibly strong work ethic
- Access to your own laptop computer and mobile phone
- A heart for people and our planet
- Reliable transportation (bonus points if it’s a vehicle that can tow a small trailer)
SPECIAL NOTE! We’re committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Sound like a good fit?
I can’t wait to connect with you! Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line TEAM REDBUDSUDS. Include the following:
- Social handles
- How did you discover Redbudsuds?
- What are you most excited about with this opportunity?
- What facet of this opportunity gives you the greatest pause?
- Which of your past employment opportunities brought you the most joy and why?
- Have you participated in any environmental advocacy work or volunteering?
- What did six-year-old-you want to be when you grew up?
Applications are open through mid-May 2018 or when the position is filled. We anticipate a start-date in mid to late May. Once we receive your application, we will be in touch if it feels like a good fit for us, too!
Thanks and I can't wait to hear from you.